Do Not Try This At Home (really!).
... in fact do not try this ANYWHERE.
This website is not a "How To" about anything, it's a kind of online diary for me to share my projects with my family and friends. Previously my projects were spread over several forums, flickr, youtube and whatnot. It made sense to put them all in one place.
Clearly much of the techniques and projects I have done have the potential to be very dangerous.
I personally have suffered numerous workshop accidents. The worst to date was a piece of 4 inch orange hot steel bar hit me in the face at speed, as it slipped from the tongs whilst I was working it on an anvil. It struck in a diagonal across my left eye, burning through the skin on my eyebrow and bridge of my nose. It even singed my eyelashes right down to the eyelid! One half rotation more or less would have seen it enter my my left eye and possibly go further in.
btw, Orange hot is approximately 1000 Centigrade / 1800 Fahrenheit.
Have I got your attention now? Do not try to do anything you see on this blog. It could very easily go wrong resulting in grievous and perhaps even fatal consequences. Find yourself thinking that it will never happen to you? That is foolish bravado. It can happen to you, or in fact anybody else around you at the time, and that will be when you least expect it.
If you are interested in attempting any of these projects, then go and get properly trained and equipped, wear the appropriate safety gear, read, research and think "Safety First".
The information contained in this website is for information purposes only. The information is provided by The Crapworks and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, processes, techniques, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss, damage or injury arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of The Crapworks. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, The Crapworks takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Terms and conditions for website usage
The term 'The Crapworks' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.