07 November, 2011

Definitely NOT a Completer Finisher

As part of my Degree, I had the pleasure of having a 'Team Roles Inventory' conducted upon my person. It was invented by somebody who goes by the jazzy name of Dr Meredith Belbin (see photo).

(looks like a nice old geezer)
copyright, Belbin.com


The reason I mention it now is that the Completer Finishers amongst you will notice that I tend to leave rough edges. I like to think that's because I am a Plant and I am unencumbered with all that finishing nonsense.

"Plants are called wake creative, unorthodox and a generator of ideas. If an innovative solution to a problem is needed, a Plant is a good person to ask. A good Plant will be bright and free-thinking. Plants can tend to ignore incidentals and refrain from getting bogged down in detail. The Plant bears a strong resemblance to the popular caricature of the absent-minded professor/inventor, and often has a hard time communicating ideas to others. Multiple Plants in a team can lead to misunderstandings, as many ideas are generated without sufficient discernment or the impetus to follow the ideas through to action."

So, no comments about high speed rotating blades held on with duct tape please!